VISIT MY NEW SITE ALLABOUTANTHONY.COM/SNEAKERS

This site is NO LONGER UPDATED
Visit my new site at AllAboutAnthony.com/Sneakers
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING
Follow verse001 on Twitter


SNEAKER REVIEW - AIR JORDAN V "INDEPENDENCE DAY"

Well, this is probably the corniest pair of shoes I could have chosen to wear this 4th of July, but I couldn't help it.  Jordan Brand clearly timed this 2011 release to coincide with the one day in America where it's pretty much mandatory to wear the patriotic red, white and blue.  These dropped recently to moderate fanfare; most Jordan aficionados are probably put off by the patent leather, however material choice is not a game killer for me when it comes to V's.
shout out to premierskateboarding.com!
MATERIALS: The toebox and surrounding area as well as the lower rear are patent leather, the rest is leather. They have a blue, red and clear midsole and a white, red and clear outsole. The tongue is a silver 3M reflective material with red lacelocks in clear housing. My pair came with white laces.
FEATURES: These get their name from the obvious correspondence to the American holiday.
STREET VALUE: retail
MY NOTES ON ACTUALLY WEARING THESE: These are way more comfortable than they appear.  Of course, creasing, yellowing and overall dinginess will be a problem, so be sure to wear these in non-dingy or dusty areas and clean the clear parts of the sole and netting after every wear.  I combined these with some black basketball shorts and a red and blue t-shirt; I'm sure some light colored jeans and a white tee could work as well.  Happy holiday, 'Merica!


Thanks for reading this review! Don't forget to check out some of my older articles as well as my personal shoe sale website (consisting of kicks from my collection, many of which I've reviewed) at www.kickitfresh.com (sizes 9.5-10.5).

No comments:

Post a Comment

These comments are moderated. So please, no profanity.

Thank you!

~Tony